Days 26 & 27 of this third iteration saw me sick - and not much happened. Today I'll have two posts - this wrap up, and the kick off for Round 4.
I believe this was the most successful of the three attempts at this challenge - weight loss, taking care of myself, being a good dad - all three were more successful this time around. My productivity goals for work weren't very strong. Low focus. Unacceptable, frankly.
Running this through the 'Win Anyway' filter, I can see victories in the last 27 Days, and celebrate them. It's tempting not to, and to use a negative mindset to make myself do better next time. That's how we're trained, isn't it? To look at all we've done wrong, and fix it, vs. celebrate all we've done right?
When we Win Anyway, we do BOTH. That's the key. Keep our self-esteem high, while not losing sight of the goal. Know what doesn't work, but also know that the successes we CAN celebrate are indicative of our ability to succeed where we haven't yet.
If I can lose 9 lbs in 27 Days, that's something to celebrate. If I can gain a few clients and secure 5 speaking opportunities in 27 Days, that shows progress over the last 27 Days. I can celebrate those Wins, and the Wins I've scored being a Dad, returning to church, reading the Bible again, and know that I can use that momentum to both continue those winning habits and multiply them by adding more focus time.
There is a big difference between recognizing our errors and fixating on them, and on the feeling of failure that often comes along for the ride. Focusing on failure for too long sends us backwards, and robs us from celebrating the successes we HAVE had.
Assess, Celebrate, Reset & Correct, then Give it another Go - the formula for Winning Anyway.
Goals for Part III
Weight
Day Zero starting weight - 225.4
After 27 days, I have hit 216.0 - 4 lbs above my goal, but a 9.4 lb loss overall, which, considering all the times I didn't follow my eating plan, is a pretty big success.
Day 27 Goal weight - 212.0 (half a pound a day. This approach over the next 3 1/2 months will get me to my ultimate goal of 170 by Oct. 10, and is attainable)
Workout
With four days to go, I only had to work out ONCE to hit my goal of 14 times. Then I got sick.
Day 27 Workouts Goal - 14 Actual - 13
Work Actions
GOALS:
Big letdown here. While I did gain some clients and some speaking opportunities, I really dropped the ball on everything else, as you can see below:
- Podcast restarted
- Newsletter restarted
- keynote written
- Speak & Deliver Book 1/3 done
- Sizzle Reel developed
- Website Revamped
- 20 speaking opportunities booked through end of year 5
- 2 more keynote coaching clients (well, ones a TED talk, one's a contestant)
- 14 blog posts in Speak & Deliver/Win Anyway (these don't count) 3
Dad Actions
I was a pretty good Dad, I think, overall. I could have interacted a bit more, vs. TV time and spending money on them, but I'd bet they'd have a pretty good review of me so far this summer.
Self Actions
I did a pretty good job with feeding my brain this month, and The Morning Miracle was a big part of that toward the end. Even sick, I only skipped one day of it. I did get the two audio books finished, and am in the middle of a third. Didn't read a single page of the Mandela autobiography, though.
GOALS:
- journal 9
- read in Bible 10
- Finish Mandela autobiography
- Finish two more audio books 2
- Continue consuming motivational/educational podcasts 25
#WinAnyway #Perflexativity

No comments:
Post a Comment