With my first challenge chalked up as a major
The Starting Block
Weight
I'm starting today at 219.8 lbs, after being off my diet for 4 1/2 days. Interestingly, I picked up an old journal in 2012 where I was about the same weight, after losing my initial 45 lbs between Feb 2011 and Feb 2012. 3 years of stability, with a dip last Summer to 192. Time to step it up.
6/16 GOAL - 200
Food
Staying on the Atkins diet isn't easy for me. I love popcorn. I love chocolate. I love to go see movies and eat popcorn and chocolate. 27 days on the diet isn't unreasonable. And one day after is my birthday, so I can have a off day reward that coincides.
6/16 GOAL - 27 Days on the Diet
Working out everyday is a bit of an unreasonable expectation. 5 out of 7 is not. Lets go with 21 Workouts. I need to focus myself a bit more on muscle groups vs. cardio, and have a real plan. Not sure where to find one, but I'll be looking today.
6/16 GOAL - 21 Workouts, and TBA
Work Actions
This is the big one, in terms of the number of things I want to accomplish. In that same journal, I saw so many things I planned to do that 3 years later I haven't done. I can probably go back to journals 10 years ago and see similar goals. Not that I haven't done anything in the last decade - I just haven't done ENOUGH. I do remember having some sort of challenge a while back that was 31 things in 31 days - that was not very successful, so I'm not going to adapt it to 27 things in 27 days.
In a conversation with a friend yesterday, he was asking me about whether I used certain marketing tools, particularly an email list program. My answer? Yes, I pay every month for a program I haven't used in at least 3 1/2 years. Seriously. I have a ton of resources I can use for videos, audios, books, lead pages, websites, newsletters, and I'm using none of them.
I have been holding back, quite honestly, on my work career due to medical complications with my kids, and the financial ramifications a start-up business with up and down income would create. But now, they are getting older, insurance situations are changing, and the season of my life that has required me to play small is coming to an end. Time to start using my resources, and taking more advantage of all God has given me to work with.
6/16 GOALS
- Podcast restarted
- Newsletter restarted
- Speak & Deliver Book created
- Sizzle Reel developed
- Website Revamped
- 20 speaking opportunities booked through end of year
- 2 more keynote coaching clients
- 20 blog posts in Speak & Deliver/Win Anyway (these don't count)
Yes, that's a lot. But I have nothing but time, right?
Dad Actions
School is ending, and they'll be home ALL THE TIME. Which may cause issues with my Work goals. But, my kids are only young once, and they will spend a week at camp, which will give me my first week alone with my wife EVER. I do want to be active with my kids, I'm just not sure I want to 'plan' it, vs. being a bit more spontaneous. Here are a few items I know I have coming up.
6/16 GOALS
- ComiCon with Riley this weekend
- Tomorrowland with some of the kids
- Basketball
- Baseball
- Comic Book Store
- Finish Mandela autobiography
- Finish two more audio books
- Continue consuming motivational/educational podcasts
I'll bring back the video piece, but not everyday, only when I have something interesting to add.
What are YOU going to accomplish in the next 27 Days?
On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!
#WinAnyway #Perflexativity
No comments:
Post a Comment